DeafDare Terms and Conditions
The Agreement must be carefully read and accepted in consideration of being permitted
to enter (for any purpose) Deaf Dare ('Event') and associated property ('Premise'). As
used herein, the term 'Releasees' is defined to include the following: (i) San Diego American Sign Language Teachers' Association, its
subsidiaries, affiliated organizations and companies, owners, members, managers, directors, officers, past and present employees,
agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, 'RFE'); (ii) CLIP Interpreting Inc.,
its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, owners, members, managers, directors, officers, past
and present employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, 'RFE');
(iii) any Premises owners; (iv) any Event volunteers; and (v) any Event sponsors, sponsor's
affiliates, clients, and contractors, and their respective employees.
1. I understand that the Event is an inherently dangerous activity that presents various mental
and physical challenges.
2. I expressly acknowledge serious injury and/or death and/or property damage.
3. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards inherent in participating in the Event and I
voluntarily, knowingly and freely assume all risks associated with participating
in the Event and entering the Premises, including, but not limited to, my own actions or inactions
(or the actions or inactions of my minor child/ward), the actions or
inactions of others (including Event attendees, staff or volunteers), falls, injuries,
illnesses, infections, contact with others (including Event attendees, staff or
volunteers), Premises defects and the effects of weather, including, but not limited to, heat and/
4. I represent and warrant to Releasees that I am in good physical condition, am able to safely
participate in the Event and have no medical condition that would make my participation in the
Event more hazardous.
5. If I am pregnant, disabled in any way or have recently suffered an illness or injury, I should
have or did consult a physician before participating in the Event.
6. I understand that it is my responsibility to obtain any insurance needed to cover personal
injury or death and any liability I might incur to other Event participants.
7. I consent to medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event
of injury to me as RFE, volunteers or medical professionals may deem appropriate and
understand that the Waiver extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with
such medical treatment or transportation.
8. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, to follow any instructions or
directions given by RFE through its employees, representatives or agents
and to abide by any decision of any Event official relative to my ability to safely participate in or
attend the Event.
9. I understand and agree that I am expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times while
at the Event or on the Premises and to obey all local, state and
federal civil and criminal laws. This includes, generally, respect for other people,
equipment, facilities or property. RFE may dismiss me, without refund, should my
behavior endanger the safety of or negatively affect the Event, Premises or any person, facility
or property. I also agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all third party claims caused
in whole or in part by my negligent or intentional acts or omissions.
10. I agree not to consume alcohol prior to the Event or use any medicine or substance
that will inhibit my mental or physical ability to safely participate in the Event. If I choose to
consume alcoholic beverages after the Event, I will do so responsibly and only if I am over the
age of twenty-one (21).
11. I understand and agree that the Releasees are not responsible for any personal item or
property that is lost, damaged or stolen at the Event or on the Premises.
12. I understand and agree that pets, wheeled baby conveyances or other wheeled means of
conveyance are not permitted on the Event course.
13. I consent to the use of my image in photographs, motion pictures or recordings taken at the
Event for use in Event advertising, marketing or promotion.
14. I assign to RFE all rights, title, and interest in any photographs, motion pictures, recordings
or other records of the Event (“Records”) I may take or capture to
RFE. RFE grants to me a limited, non-exclusive right and license to use the Records for non-
commercial purposes only.
15. I understand and agree that the sale of unauthorized merchandise is not permitted and I
may be dismissed from the Event for selling such merchandise.
16. I understand and agree that I may not bring weapons, fireworks or illegal substances to the
Event or the Premises.
17. I understand and agree that all ticket purchases are final and non-refundable.
18. I understand and agree that RFE reserves the right to cancel the Event in the event of
weather (including, but not limited to, heat, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires,
storms, lightning and floods), accidents, acts of war or terrorism, military conflicts or riots or for
any reason that will affect the safety and security of Event participants and attendees. In the
event of such cancellation, there will be no refund of my ticket purchase.
19. I recognize and acknowledge that there are hazards and risks of physical injury or illness
to Event participants and that not all such hazards or risks can be fully eliminated. I freely and
voluntarily agree to assume the full risk of death, bodily injury or property damage, regardless
of severity, that I (or my child/ward) may sustain as a result of my participation in the Event,
whether or not caused by the active or passive negligence of the Releasees.
20. I indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any loss, liability, damage or cost they
may incur while I am at the Event or on the Premises, whether or not caused by the active or
passive negligence of the Releasees.
21. I release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the Releasees from all liability to me,
my personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin, for any claims, causes of action,
obligations, lawsuits, charges, complaints, controversies, damages, costs or expenses of
whatsoever kind, nature, or description, whether direct or indirect, in law or in equity, in contract
or in tort, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, arising out of or connected with my (or my
child/ward’s) participation in the Event or while on the Premises, whether or not caused by the
active or passive negligence of the Releasees.
22. I understand and acknowledge that the laws of the State of California shall apply to all
matters relating to this Waiver regardless of the Event location, that the exclusive jurisdiction
for any dispute with the Releasees resides in state or federal court in San Diego County,
California and I expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the State of
California in connection with any dispute with the Releasees arising from my Event participation
23. I expressly agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted
by the law of the State of California, and that if any portion is held invalid, the balance shall
continue in full legal force and effect.